In Tittmoning/Germany for more than 50 years
With a unique process, we have been developing and producing innovative and high-quality rubber mats for animal housing since 1968.
We are part of the KRAIBURG Group, which has established itself as a competent specialist in the rubber business since 1947.
The KRAIBURG factory premises over time
Our continuous growth
Our start in Tittmoning
In 1968, the KRAIBURG Group takes over the company "Wöhl" and founds the Gummiwerk KRAIBURG Elastik GmbH in Tittmoning.
New recycling procedure
Company founder Peter Schmidt has the vision of a new recycling procedure: to process the high-quality raw material resulting from tyre retreading into products.
The first animal housing mat press
With the first production unit "Press 1" the production of animal house mats starts.
Big capacity expansion with new production unit
The new production unit "Press 9" with more than 600,000 m² (= 100 soccer fields) production capacity per years gets started.
- Thus, KRAIBURG is ahead of many other manufacturers in the business regarding price and quality.
New technical center for research and development
- Material and product tests can be carried out in the own laboratory
- The in-house development department moves in
New: cutting with water
KRAIBURG starts with new technology high pressure water jet cutting of rubber mats.
Increase for customized products
The demand for tailor-made products increases steadily.
- From now on there is a separate department for customized products
- The third water jet cutting unit starts
ISO-certification and new mixing technology
The KRAIBURG quality management system is certified with the worldwide ISO 9001 standard for the first time.
The first "planetary-gear extruder" for compound production is introduced.
New technology of LongLine-production (lying mats as continuous roll system)
Start of the first two "LongLine"-presses.
New stock and dispatch center
Start at the new stock and dispatch center with adequate hall in the industrial area Tittmoning-Mayerhofen.
Big facility expansion
- New 2-storey production hall with
- LongLine-production (lying mats as continuous roll systems)
- New water jet cutting unit (number 6)
- Relocation of the parking lot
- Expansion of the storage area by 3,000 m²
Big capacity increase
Facility expansion: start of the new production unit "Press 18"
- State-of-the-art ventilation technology, low-noise electrical systems and heat recovery for cooling the large control cabinets
- Capacity expansion of 700,000 m²: production capacity increases to 2.5 million m² / year
Conversion of the plasticizer oil and passed PAH test
Instead of mineral plasticizer oils, we now use vegetable oils from European cultivation.
We have been the first company to pass the DLG quality audit with flying colours. Both the entire production process and the environmental compatibility (PAH harmless) will now continue to be tested regularly.
New waterjet cutting unit with double cutting head
For many years, we have been using waterjet cutting technology for the custom manufacturing of our products. With a pressure of over 3,500 bar, the waterjet cuts our rubber mats "like butter" and extremely precisely.
With our latest cutting unit we go one step further: this unit cuts with two cutting heads in parallel. For example, two slatted floor fixings can be cut from the raw mat at the same time in one cutting process. This makes the cutting process even more efficient.
The KRAIBURG products
From its origin until today
The first mat for animal housing is tested and approved by the DLG (German Agricultural Society)
The "KRAIBURG Riefenstallmatte" (rubber mat with grooves on lower side) gets officially tested and approved by the DLG, the German Agricultural Society.
The first elastic covering for slatted floors is launched on the market: ESPA
- The rubber is backfilled with concrete. This means that the concrete slatted floor is fixed permanently to the rubber covering. The disadvantages are recognized soon: the fixed connection of rubber and concrete limits both softness and durability. In addition, the mats can not be flexibly installed or replaced.
- To solve these problems, the loose, elastic slatted floor covering is developed later: LOSPA, which has proven itself to this day.
The first perforated mat
The first KRAIBURG perforated mat is launched.
Two new products
Product innovation Soft Bed System: this is the first time foam is used in the cow house.
Product launch KEN (simple lying mat with studs): KEN is still used in tying stalls today.
Important milestone for a new generation of lying mats
With a new production line it becomes possible to produce thicker mats with more details (edge, slope,...). This moves away from the very simple mats.
Product innovation KEW (KRAIBURG single mat soft bed)
This is the first lying mat of the new generation:
- With foam core
- With many details: surrounding rim, different softness zones and slope
The KRAIBURG interlocking puzzle is born
From the idea at the desk over the laboratory into the cow house: the interlocking puzzle as an ideal combination of single mat and continuous roll.
First thicker mat without foam
Product launch KSL (KRAIBURG single mat without foam): This was the first thicker, soft lying mat on the market that did not use foam.
Cozy mat KKM and the first walking area flooring KURA
The KRAIBURG cozy mat KKM is launched.
We are the first manufacturer to introduce walking area mats to the market: KURA. As option for paved / concrete areas and tailor-made for slatted floors.
Product launch KEW Plus
The new 3-layer comfort lying mat.
The first BELMONDO® horse mat is launched
More information on BELMONDO horse mats at kraiburg‐belmondo.com.
New products CALMA and LENTA
- CALMA: lying mat especially for young cattle
- LENTA: mat for tying stalls
More products conquer the market
- pediKURA: the first walking area mat with integrated abrasive for selective claw abrasion
- SIESTA: for calving pen / selection area
- LOSPA swiss: for fattening bulls and young cattle in pens
- ergoMILK: for the milking pit
- WINGFLEX: innovative comfort lying mat: 6 cm thick and without foam
- ergoBOARD: the first brisket board made of rubber
New products KURA Flush / SUN and maxiBOX
- KURA Flush / SUN: for manure removal with Flushing-system respectively direct solar radiation
- maxiBOX: for the elevated deep bedded cubicle
Soft Bed LongLine: the classic "Soft Bed System" from 1996 is reissued.
New products KARERA, maxiBOARD and VITA
- KARERA: walking area mat for basic comfort
- maxiBOARD: brisket board
- VITA: for calving pen / selection area
New products profiKURA and KIM
- profiKURA: walking area mat for optimized claw abrasion
- KIM: the lying area covering KIM LongLine is now also available as KIM single mat
New products profiKURA S and WELA LongLine
- profiKURA S: tailor-made slatted floor covering for optimized claw abrasion
- WELA LongLine: 5 cm thick, innovative continuous system with sensational softness
New generation of slat mats, TARSA receives DLG Innovation Award
New generation of slat mats – with slope towards the slit:
- KURA SB: for fattening of veal calves & beef calves in pens
- LOSPA SB: for fattening bulls and heifers in pens
New products for special areas:
- LOMAX: perforated mat for muddy soil
- MONTA: for steep passages
TARSA receives DLG Innovation Award in silver.
WELA as single mat
WELA – the popular comfort mattress as continuous roll system is now also available as single mat.
First product for deep bedded cubicles
POLSTA: the deep bedded cubicle cushion.
Emission reducing walking area mats
New generation of emission reducing walking area mats with slope, softness and grip for dry claws:
Our new slat mat EMIRA achieves a 47 % reduction in ammonia emissions in practical tests in the Netherlands!
profiKURA 3D and new options of KEW Plus
- profiKURA 3D: walking alley mat with integrated emission reducing slope.
- The ever-popular KEW Plus mattress system is now also available as a Solo or LongLine option.
The popular Soft Bed LongLine gets an upgrade
Our original, the KRAIBURG Soft Bed, has proven itself for 26 years. Now it is significantly improved and replaced by the new Softbed LongLine continuous roll system.
Softbed LongLine – compared to its predecessor – gets by with fewer components, which makes installation much easier (no more separate sealing strips!). The upper mat is made of one piece, as the slope and edge are already integrated into the mat.
New mattress system for the cubicle: KEW Plus TarsaCare
KEW Plus TarsaCare combines all the advantages of our proven KEW Plus – but has even more to offer: the especially designed pliant comfort zone in the tarsal area is gentle on the sensitive tarsal joints and beds them as dry as possible. Available as single mat and LongLine continuous roll system.
profiDRAIN drain channel mat with proven profiKURA surface
With profiDRAIN, our emission-reducing drain channel mat, we have gained good experience in selected markets in recent years. Now it is available in all countries. Thanks to the curved walking surfaces, liquids are drained quickly and reliably into the channels. It thus combines everything in one: animal-friendly softness, optimized grip, dry claws and emission reduction.